Thursday, March 1, 2012

Maknig Your iPhone and Metronome Louder!

I always have my iPhone or a little metronome handy when I am practicing.  The little metronomes are inexpensive and do pretty much anything I need and the metronome apps are inexpensive as well.  The only trouble comes when you are in a chamber setting and no one has sprung for the expensive DB-90!  It can be hard to hear these little devices when multiple people are playing.

I have recently discovered and used USB rechargeable speakers!  Most of them have eighth inch jacks so they fit an iPhone and your metronome, as long as they have the appropriate receiving parts.  They also produce plenty of sound to be heard over a chamber ensemble.  Here a couple I use or have seen used.

The first is a speaker by iHome Audio I personally use.  It's compact and produces a nice sound for not only a metronome but for a laptop speaker or music speaker as well.

 https://www.ihomeaudio.com/IHM78LX/

The second is  called the Chill Pill and has been used by Professor Manning in the past.

 http://www.chillpillaudio.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are really cool. I will have to look into getting little speakers!

    ReplyDelete