Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chemistry

I'm not sure if this is a rehearsal technique, but I thought it would be a good topic to bring up.  When I was talking about rehearsal techniques with Demondrae Thurman, one thing he brought up was that their group made sure to keep things light.  I happen to agree with this bit of advice.  When you are in a camber ensemble, chances are you spend at least a couple hours a week with these people.  If there is a performance or competition around the corner, even more. 

I am sure we have all had experiences with groups that were all business all the time.  I feel like a rigid, strict rehearsal setting is unproductive, after a certain amount of seriousness, something has got to budge.  It's a touchy subject, because by no means am I saying rehearsals should be a laughing fest.  I think there should be good enough chemistry between members to find a happy medium.  I would be very interested to hear everyone's opinion on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment